Creative Business Cup is an international innovation competition for start-ups with a focus on Creative Industries which takes place in over 70 countries around the world. There are national and international finals to support creative start-ups with great market potential, connect them with investors and global markets and strength their innovative capabilities to the benefit of industry and society.
Reasons to join as a startup
Join an international network with market access
Improve access to capital through investor-readiness initiatives
Global networking with startups, investors, companies and governments
Capacity building of entrepreneurship organizations
Feedback from other stratups, investors and industry experts
Chance to represent Czech Republic as National Winner at the Global Finals
Chance to win cash prizes and special prizes at the Global Finals
About Creative Business Cup
Creative Business Cup (CBC) Foundation is a non-profit foundation and the world championship for creative startups. We are also a part og Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEEW) and one of the top five featured events among more than 35,000 global events.
Creative Business Cup empowers startups in the Creative Industries, connects them to investors and global markets and strenghtens their innovative capabilities to the benefit of industry and society.
This year, the organizer of the national round is the Investment and Business Development Agency CzechInvest.
Areas of Creative Industries to participate in Creative Business Cup
- Craft & Artisan
- Experiences technologies
- Film, Video & Photography
- Leisure Activities
- Performing Arts
- Radio & Television
- Software, Computer Games & Electronic
- Publishing (for Creative Industries)
- 3D Printing maker
- Toys & Games
How can start-ups win the competition?
Show a high level of creativity and present a business concept with great market potential, which resulted from extraordinary business execution.
- Change the value chains of the Creative Industries or use creative competencies to change the value chains in other industries. Think innovation and disruption.
- Rely on creative skills as a key to the success of the business.
- Engage customers or others in creative processes.
- Innovate in terms of their product or service, social relations, customer approach, markets or other areas.
- Investment potential
- Unique value propositions
- Create and impact new markets
- Present a strong overview of the existing market situation
- Present a good understanding of risks and possibilities
- Have a good team with complementary skills and good experience.
- Demonstrate the presence of financial and strategic flair within the team, thereby combining creative skills with business skills.
- Present a robust business model.
- Address relevant issues regarding Intellectual Property Rights.
- Have a strong rollout strategy in place.